Saturday, August 15, 2009

Michael Schumacher Cancels Formula 1 Return

Per Michael's personal website, "Yesterday evening, I had to inform Ferrari President Luca di Montezemolo and Team Principal Stefano Domenicali that unfortunately I'm not able to step in for Felipe. I really tried everything to make that temporary comeback possible, however, much to my regret it didn't work out. Unfortunately we did not manage to get a grip on the pain in the neck which occurred after the private F1-day in Mugello, even if medically or therapeutically we tried everything possible.


After all the hype surrounding Michael Schumacher’s return to Formula 1 racing to fill in for the injured Felipe Massa, it turns out he actually won’t make it back into the cockpit for Ferrari.

I am disappointed to the core. I am awfully sorry for the guys of Ferrari and for all the fans which crossed fingers for me. I can only repeat that I tried everything that was within my power. All I can do now is to keep my fingers crossed for the whole team for the coming races."

No comments:

Post a Comment